Two 15 oz. cans of sliced pears in natural juice
One box of spice cake mix
One stick (1/2 cup) of salted butter
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Pour canned pears into greased 9 in x 13 in baking pan (including juice!)
- Sprinkle spice cake mix evenly over the top
- Melt the butter and pour it evenly on top of the cake mix
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream!
- I LOVE this recipe with salted butter. It gives the dessert a richer flavor than unsalted butter. But it definitely works with unsalted butter as well, and tastes just a scrumptious!
- Just about any kind of canned fruit will work! This recipe can be altered and customized to suit your tastes just by changing the fruit base or the cake mix! Peaches, blueberries, apples, cherries... I always have mixed fruit cocktail in the pantry but it's always fun to change it up.
- You can use the big 29 ounce cans or two 15 ounce cans, as long as you include the juice/syrup along with the fruit.
- If you are using a can with heavy syrup you will want to reduce your baking time to about 40-45 minutes. If you're using a fruit in "natural juice," then you might need to cook it closer to 60 minutes. As with all baking, the time is just a guideline to go off of. Each oven is a bit different, so be sure to keep an eye on it.
Pictures coming soon! We ate the whole pan before I could get a photo last time! 🤣