I've got a great recipe for easy homemade disinfecting wipes that I'm excited to share with you! 🧼
(Especially useful if you're having a hard time finding your favorite brand in stock at stores thanks to all the COVID-19 craziness!)
The best part? These handy little wipes are cheaper than anything you could find on a store shelf!
When I met my husband he was addicted to Clorox disposable wipes. He used them for EVERYTHING!
Dusty furniture? Wipes.
Dirty windows? Wipes.
Schmutz on the kitchen table? Wipes.
Sticky counters? Wipes.
Every single surface in the bathroom? Of course, wipes to the rescue!
As a family of four we have to be pretty conscious of our spending, and those little yellow tubes of wipes can be pretty expensive. We needed to come up with a better solution!
All you need is about 10 minutes, and a few supplies you probably already have on-hand!
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/4 cup of Rubbing Alcohol
- 1 Teaspoon of Dawn dish soap
- 1 Teaspoon of Distilled White Vinegar
- Large closeable plastic container (an old baby wipes container or Swiffer wetcloth container works great!)
- Cloth Rags OR Paper Towel roll cut in half (see below!)
- Mix all liquid ingredients together
- Place cloth rags into plastic container
- Pour mixture over rags
- Cut paper towel roll in half with a serrated knife, a bread knife works great.
- Place one of the halves in a large plastic container that can hold 7-8 cups, an old coffee container is perfect.
You may need to double the recipe for disposable paper towels as the liquid will absorb throughout the roll.
Personally, we prefer to use Dawn dish soap. Other brands just don't cut the grease quite the same! And you need something to get through the grime and grossness!
As for a container to keep things fresh? Well, leftover plastic wipes tubs are perfect! You could also repurpose an old swiffer container if you have one laying around.
Vinegar and Alcohol work together perfectly to shine up your chrome fixtures and faucets!
This mixture also works great in a spray bottle!
Have you tried homemade wipes before? What did you think? Let me know!
Want to be notified when new blog posts and recipes are published?
👉 Join the NEW email list: https://forms.aweber.com/form/62/560557462.htm
After you fill in the form you will receive a confirmation email. You will need to confirm your subscription if you want to be included on the list! 💻
And never any spam, I pinky-swear! 😘
(This page contains links to products I have personally used, so that you may find them more easily if you wish to try this recipe. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn affiliate income from qualifying purchases.)