I promise to update this with a picture when I have one! We ate the last batch so fast that I didn't even think to get a pic 🤦♀️
Peanut Butter Big Dippers
- 2 cups Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave until butter and peanut butter are melted, one to two minutes (time will vary by microwave).
- Remove from microwave and use a large spoon to stir all of the ingredients together (except chocolate chips) until they form a ball of dough that leaves the side of the bowl. Pat into a 9x13 pan.
- Pour chocolate chips into another microwave safe bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted. Spoon over top of peanut butter mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature until chocolate hardens again or place in the refrigerator for faster hardening. Cut into squares and serve!
These were a special treat when I was in elementary school. Nearly every kid bought a hot lunch on Big Dipper day! I'm a die hard Reese's fan, and these are even BETTER than those store bought peanut butter cups!
A friend gave me this original recipe, and I'm so glad to be able to share it!
Reminisce this holiday season and share the joy!